Category: Create / Generate
This action generates a single-row dataset of system information items such as:
- Windows account name (of the current Windows process)
- Windows identity (of the user that triggered the workflow)
- Free RAM (in MB)
- Current machine name
- UTC offset
- Temporary directory (of the current user)
- Workflow run ID
This action can be used to:
- generate documentation about users running workflows, the systems they were run on, and the times they were run.
- branch a workflow based on the system and/or user running the workflow.
- check that the current system has enough available RAM before running a known memory-intensive workflow.
- preset a default target directory if no other directory is defined or available when the workflow runs.
|Windows account of the current Windows process
|Lists the current process' Windows account name in the format of [SystemName]\[User Name].
|Windows identity of the user that triggered the workflow
|Lists the user's Windows identity name in the format of [SystemName]\[User Name].
|Free RAM, MB
|Lists the amount of available system memory (RAM), in megabytes.
|Lists the name of the system defined in Windows.
|Lists the difference in time between the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and the local system time.
|Lists the fully-qualified path to the user's temporary directory. By default this is "C:\Users\[Profile name]\App data\Local\Temp".
|Workflow run ID
|When checked, a GUID that is the same for all modules or projects called/iterated during the current workflow run is returned. The ID changes for each new workflow run.
Note: Each item selected from the list above creates a column in the dataset for that value.
transformations/systeminformation.txt · Last modified: 2023/07/25 13:32 by craigt