Table of Contents
LIST OF FILES
Category: Create / Generate
This action creates a table with a list of files in the specified folder and their attributes.
The created file list can be used later for iterations or file commands.
|Folder*||The folder to extract the list of files from.|
|Columns||Provides options to select the types of data to return as fields in the dataset. See below.|
|Subfolders||Provides options to scan through subfolders within the chosen folder. See below.|
* Setting can be specified using a parameter.
These options define the columns that will be included in the generated dataset. At least one option must be selected.
|File name with pull path||Returns the fully-qualified file name including absolute path. Default.|
|File name only||Returns the file name only, excluding path.|
|File extension||Returns the file's extension only.|
|Size||Returns the file's size, in bytes.|
|Date created||Returns the date the file was originally created.|
|Date modified||Returns the date the file was last edited.|
|Read-only||Returns a Boolean (TRUE/FALSE) value defining whether the file is set to read-only mode, or is editable (read/write).|
|Scan subfolders||When selected, additional options are presented to define the scan depth and scan error handling.|
|Scanning depth||The number of subfolder levels, under the parent folder, the action will scan within. e.g. "1" will scan through the
subfolders found directly under the parent folder only; "2" will scan through the subfolders of the subfolders
(i.e. 2 levels deep) found under the parent folder.
|Ignore scan errors||Select to ignore any errors produced when scanning subfolders for files. This is useful for avoiding errors when
scanning folder depths that may not exist in all subfolders.
- Finding all projects with particular action (Project; Module: Main; Group: Tab 1; Table: Documents; Action position: 1)
- Load only workbooks with given number of sheets (Project; Module: Main; Group: Tab 1; Table: Get file names to load;
Action position: 1)
- Embedded connection - search for type email server (Project; Module: Main; Group: Tab 1; Table: Projects with email connectors; Action position: 1)
Fast ways to create the action:
- Press the "Add data" menu button. Pick "Generate data".
- Drag a folder with various file types into the application window. Select "Generate a list of files in the folder".
transformations/filelist.txt · Last modified: 2021/07/17 16:07 by craigt